5.2.10

It's sew on!

I started this blog with they intention of documenting my success (frustrations) with learning how to sew. So to recap - I took a 7 week beginners sewing course last year at the sewing studio to teach me the basics. Which was a good thing because I hadn't touched a sewing machine since grade 7.

I then bought this monster of a machine because I was in LOVE.

She's pretty isn't she? She has been a great partner. As soon as we conquered the invisible zipper together I knew we were going to be BFF's. Although sometimes she frustrates me - but we usually are quick to make up (especially if there is wine involved).

Together we sew aprons. Lots and lots of aprons. But we are ready t
o move on. I want to sew dresses. I want to be able to wear the dresses that I sew. Ok - I also want to sew bags. and curtains. and pillows. To facilitate my learning - I will share with you my successes, my failures, my frustrations and of course my creations.

Please enjoy because there is definitely a sewing revival going on.

No comments: